Monday, September 3, 2012

New Beginnings & Seascapes by Deb Strain

Today was bittersweet for me and my husband as we sent our oldest son off to university.  We are very proud that he was accepted into the Forestry program at the University of British Columbia where he will be living in residence.  We are going to miss him (and his driver's license as soccer season starts up tomorrow for our other 3 kids!)  Fortunately UBC is only an hour and a half away....

Of course I had to make him a quilt so here is a picture of my husband and me, our son and our oldest daughter in our son's teeny tiny dorm room.  His quilt is displayed on his bed.

 
His requirements were warm and cuddly so I used Maywood Studios Woolies Flannel designed by Bonnie Sullivan on the front and Moda's Fireside on the back.
 
"Seascapes" by Deb Strain for Moda Fabrics is coming to stores this December.  I have designed 3 patterns featuring this fabric line.  The first is called Waves which measures 62" x 80".  The pattern retails for $10 and will be available for purchase on my website by the end of the week.
 
 
Here are some close ups of some of the beautiful fabrics designed by Deb in this line:
 

 


 
 
Stay tuned to the see my other 2 new patterns using this line.......
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I was searching for quilts made with this new line of fabric coming up - and came across your website. The beginning of this post hit home! I am also a quilter, and my son is at University for forestry! My son, Jacob, is at U of Idaho (we live in NW Washington) for his 4th year at University (he lived in dorms the first two years, an apartment 3rd year, and this year he has a house with 4 friends). Anyhow, love your weaves pattern with Seascapes! I am going to be making a quilt for the Moda Bake Shop soon with this line (my pattern just got approved!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any of this Seascapes fabric for Sale? Looking for any that would be available. Thank you, Vinessa Gross

    ReplyDelete