Monday, November 5, 2012

Fall Quilt Market

Quilt Market was again in Houston, Texas this fall. My friend Marcie and I packed up my new quilts, drove to Seattle and then flew to Houston after a 4 hour flight delay. We got into our hotel in Houston just after the hotel restaurant closed but we were fortunately able to slip into the Lucky Strike bowling alley and lounge in downtown Houston 15 minutes before they closed the kitchen! They had the best fish tacos. Who knew?
 

On Friday, we set up my booth across the aisle from United Notions. 
 
 
Three of my quilts featuring Deb Strain's line "Seascapes" were hung in Deb's booth.



Three of my quilts featuring "Round Robin" by Kathy Schmitz were in Kathy's booth.



Friday night was sample spree where vendors are able to sell individual items to owners and their staff. Marcie and I picked up some fabric and some solid hand lotion that does not rub off on your fabric.

Saturday was the first day of market and it was great saying hello to old friends and customers and meeting new ones.

We also met Julie and Eric Comstock who designed the fabric line "2wenty Thr3e" which is featured in my new quilt design "Happy Birthday".


Saturday night was the Moda party at the Hilton which was tons of fun.  The theme this year was western with Texas barbeque for dinner, western music and line dancing and a mechanical bull.  Yes Marcie and I both rode the bull (and we both fell off!)

 
 
Come back on Thursday for my blog entry for Vol 6 of 100 Quilt Blocks.  There will be a contest with prizes to be won!  See you then.  Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment