Saturday, March 20, 2021

Day 46 of my Virtual Trunk Show

 Butterfly Summer - Lap Quilt and Table Runner- featuring “Woodland Summer” by Holly Taylor 2013.

I can’t remember the first group that did it, but it was around this time that started putting out fabric lines which combined regular cotton prints with batiks. Batiks are great for appliqué because they do not fray as easily as regular cotton. As a result, you can use batiks with fusible web on larger quilts without worrying about them looking as worn around the edges after washing. Holly Taylor had incorporated butterflies into her fabric design so that is how I ended up with blue and red butterflies which I must admit, I have never seen. It was also around this time that I started including multiple projects in one pattern to give customers extra value.




No comments:

Post a Comment